Sunday, April 10, 2016

Can you stop a Pedophile before they've abused a Child?

Can you stop a paedophile before they've abused a child?

Experiment proposed in Sweden.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

British MP abused children for 33 years

From BBC News, 3/13/2016
See link


Janner sexually abused children for 33 years, public inquiry hears

  • 9 March 2016
  •  
  • From the sectionUK

Lord Janner in 2005Image copyrightJohn Stillwell
Image captionLord Janner is alleged to have committed the offences between 1955 and 1988

Late peer Lord Janner allegedly began sexually abusing children as far back as 1955, a public inquiry has heard.
The peer died in December aged 87, soon after he was found unfit to stand trial over abuse claims, owing to dementia.
The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse was told Lord Janner abused children over a 33-year period, arranging for those "in whom he had a sexual interest" to be brought to the Houses of Parliament.
His family denies the allegations.
The inquiry, chaired by Dame Lowell Goddard, will be the biggest in British history. It is set to last for five years and has a budget of £17.9m for this financial year alone.
Lord Janner's case is one of 13 areas it will initially focus on.
Speaking at the first preliminary hearing, counsel to the inquiry Ben Emmerson QC said: "The allegations in summary are that Greville Janner exploited children and perpetrated a full range of sexual offences against them, including what would now be termed in English law as rape.
"In relation to a number of the complainants it is alleged that Janner abused his position as an MP by arranging for children in whom he had a sexual interest to be brought to the Houses of Parliament."
The offences are alleged to have taken place in children's homes and hotels between 1955 and 1988 - previously the oldest allegations to emerge against him dated back to the late 1960s.
Wednesday's preliminary hearing was told that 17 complainants in the Janner case had been given core participant status in the inquiry, meaning they have the right to make statements, see documents and seek permission to ask questions.
The inquiry has not received an application for core participant status from Lord Janner's family.


The hearing also heard submissions about the anonymity of some witnesses, and whether public hearings, due to begin in September, will be televised.
Director of Public Prosecutions Alison Saunders originally decided the peer should not be charged when the allegations emerged because he was suffering from dementia, but this was overturned by an independent review.
A trial of the facts was due to take place at the Old Bailey, but was dropped when Lord Janner died.
It would have heard evidence from alleged victims, but decided only whether the ex-MP committed the physical acts of abuse - and would not have made a finding of guilt or a conviction.

'Findings of fact'

Referring to the Goddard inquiry as a whole, Mr Emmerson said: "The task is vast but critically important."
He continued: "Allegations of the involvement of politicians in child sexual abuse are reported on the one hand as evidence of a paedophile conspiracy... and on the other as evidence of a modern-day witch-hunt.
"It is the role of this inquiry to move from the realms of rumour and speculation, allegation and counter-allegation, to the assessment of objective facts."
He cited figures indicating that between April 2012 and March 2014 more than 50,000 children were identified as victims of sexual abuse, but said the true number may be as high as 450,000.
"These figures should answer the doubts of anyone who questions the need for this inquiry," the QC said.
As part of her wider inquiry, Dame Lowell, who served as a judge in her native New Zealand, will investigate the way in which public bodies handled child sex abuse claims.
The inquiry is unable to make findings of criminal or civil liability, but Mr Emmerson added: "No-one should be in any doubt that, where the evidence justifies it... the panel will make findings of fact on allegations of child sexual abuse."
He said it "will also need to recognise the damage that can be caused by false accusations of sexual abuse".

Who was Lord Janner?


Lord Janner in 2000Image copyrightAP

  • Born in Cardiff in 1928
  • Served in the Army and studied at Cambridge before becoming a barrister and then QC
  • Labour MP for Leicester North West and then Leicester West from 1970 until retiring in 1997, when he was made a life peer
  • Diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in 2009
  • Suspended from the Labour Party in April 2015
  • Ruled unfit to stand trial over allegations of child sexual abuse on 7 December 2015
  • Died two weeks later, aged 87

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Another Maciel, Founder of the Franciscans of the Immaculate Conception accused in Italy

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Thursday, January 14, 2016

British Priest Pedophile on the run Received Pension from Bishop

'Paedophile priest' received £100,000 from Catholic church in Australia while on run

13 January 2016 | by Mark Brolly

British priest received pension while avoiding authorities for alleged sexual abuse of 16 children

'Paedophile priest' received £100,000 from Catholic church in Australia while on run

A suspected paedophile priest, British-born Ronald Pickering, reportedly received almost AU$200,000 (£97,000) from the Archdiocese of Melbourne for almost a decade after he evaded Australian authorities in 1993 and fled to his homeland, where he died in 2009.

The Sunday Age newspaper in Melbourne reported on 10 January that Pickering, who is believed to have abused at least 16 children but never faced justice, was one of a number of abusive priests who received pension, housing and private medical insurance benefits while victims received one-off payments of $31,000 to $37,000 under the church's Melbourne Response redress scheme.
The paper said parishioners had unwittingly been partly funding the assistance through their donations into church collection plates, which they believed went towards the local church or fundraising for retired priests.

It said Archbishop Sir Frank Little, who led the Church in Melbourne from 1974-96, appointed Pickering "Pastor Emeritus" in 1993, entitling him to additional payments, even though he had been aware of complaints against Pickering as early as 1986. The current Archbishop, Denis Hart, stopped the payments in 2002.
"Despite being personally aware of complaints as early as 1986, then Melbourne Archbishop Frank Little ordered Pickering's retirement entitlements be boosted in the wake of his impromptu departure," the Sunday Age said.
"'At this time the Archbishop does not intend appointing Father Pickering as Pastor Emeritus. However, he would appreciate your regarding Father Pickering, in this exceptional case, as qualifying for receipt of those monies which would normally be granted to PEs,' the Priests Retirement Foundation was instructed."
A spokesman for the archdiocese told the newspaper the church was providing support to six priests with criminal convictions for child sex crimes, including four who had been laicised. Nine others received payments until their deaths.
Pickering was ordained in 1957 in the UK and arrived in Melbourne shortly afterwards. He was an assistant priest at various parishes including at St Mary’s parish, East St Kilda, where he was accused of abuse.
Later, he moved to St James' parish in the Melbourne suburb of Gardenvale (pictured above), where again he faced accusations of abuse, on one occasion in 1986 taking extended leave in England after Archbishop Little informed him that a complaint had been made.
In March 1993, Pickering resigned as parish priest of Gardenvale and asked Archbishop Little for an appointment as Pastor Emeritus, saying he planned to retire to Tasmania. His resignation was accepted on 26 March 1993 and, at his request, he was appointed Administrator of the parish until 30 June that year.

Senior Counsel assisting the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse, Ms Gail Furness, told a public hearing of the Commission in Melbourne last November that Pickering suddenly left Australia and on 14 May 1993 arrived in London.

"He later described his departure as embarrassing and unexpected," Ms Furness said.
"A solicitor’s letter was received by the Archdiocese of Melbourne in December 1993 seeking compensation for sexual assaults alleged to have been committed by Pickering in 1966. By this time, Pickering had left Australia ... Pickering’s faculties as a priest were removed in January 1994."
Ms Furness said 19 people had made claims of child sexual abuse through the Melbourne Response in relation to Pickering over alleged incidents from 1960 to 1989 inclusive. Sixteen claims led to compensation totalling $881,000, including treatment, legal and other costs - an average of about $55,000 per claimant. Of the 19 claims, 12 were made before his death.

Last year, arsonists were suspected of attacking three Catholic churches in Melbourne associated with Pickering and another deceased paedophile priest Kevin O’Donnell during Holy Week, with St James’ in Gardenvale gutted (pictured above) and St Mary’s in St Kilda East damaged (The Tablet, 9 April 2015).

Golden Globe-winning actor Rachel Griffiths, a former parishioner of St James’, told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation that she was “quite elated, like many of my generation” by the fire at St James, given its connection with Pickering. “For the community here, it’s kind of the haunted house on the hill,” she said.

In evidence to the Royal Commission on 1 December last year, Archbishop Hart said that when it came to his knowledge that Pickering was being funded by the Priests' Retirement Foundation, and Church authorities in Melbourne didn't know where he was, "I refused to be part of that subterfuge and I withdrew the funding".
"Initially, we knew he was in England and we had an address; we found out that he was no longer at that address, and the person who made contact with the diocese wouldn't tell us where he was, and therefore I wasn't prepared to be part of a subterfuge that would conceal from any authorities that might be wanting to be in contact with him the fact of his address ... I made the executive decision that we wouldn't - that's about 2002, I think - that we wouldn't fund him; if we didn't know where he was, we were not being part of any concealment from the authorities."
Archbishop Hart acknowledged that Archbishop Little's decision to remove Pickering's priestly faculties rather than suspend him would avoid publicity.
Ms Furness: "Again, that's another illustration of the Church operating in secrecy in order to protect its reputation?"
Archbishop Hart: "Ye

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Clergy Pedophilia and Cover Up in Australia

The Australians are taking this issue very seriously and have set up a Royal Commission to investigate, similar to what was done in Ireland where a special commission of judges investigated abuses in Church institutions and did a real clean up.
When will this be done in the good old USA....


January, 6, 2016

Catholic Church's "ticking time bombs" set to detonate


National





The Catholic Church knew it had pedophile "time bombs" in its midst.


Bishop Peter Connors leaves the Royal Commission into Abuse hearings in Melbourne in November. Connors chaired a 1992 meeting that likened abuse allegations to "ticking time bombs".

Photo: Mal Fairclough, AAP

It not only let them keep ticking away but also covered up the pedophiles’ evil deeds to protect its reputation.

The extent of the cover-up is still being dissected by the child abuse royal commission but victims advocacy group Broken Rites spokesman Dr Wayne Chamley expects its report will be absolutely scathing of the Catholic Church.


Bishop Peter Connors leaves the Royal Commission into Abuse hearings in Melbourne in November. Connors chaired a 1992 meeting that likened abuse allegations to "ticking time bombs". Photo: Mal Fairclough, AAPIt not only let them keep ticking away but also covered up the pedophiles’ evil deeds to protect its reputation.

The extent of the cover-up is still being dissected by the child abuse royal commission but victims advocacy group Broken Rites spokesman Dr. Wayne Chamley expects its report will be absolutely scathing of the Catholic Church.

“The commission is unpicking a conspiracy,” Dr. Chamley said.

“These bishops collectively have been running this conspiracy certainly since 1992.”

Minutes of a special issues committee meeting at the 1992 Australian Catholic Bishops Conference reveal: “It was agreed that there are serious ‘time bombs’ ticking away in a number of diocese at the present time.”

The focus was on treating the accused offender fairly, even though the minutes reveal the special issues committee – set up to deal with allegations against priests – agreed “the prognosis for offenders to be returned to any form of active ministry as a priest is not good”.

The group was also worried about the discovery of documents. “It does seem better to keep good records. On the other hand, it was noted that too many people are keeping too many records.”

It is the first piece of evidence showing bishops collectively knew about abuse by clergy from that date, Dr. Chamley notes.

“Everybody knew about it and they decided they were going to try and battle it out and just keep it under wraps so you have all those cover-ups and moving people around,” he said.

“What confounds me was not one of them was prepared to break ranks.”

As the royal commission investigates widespread abuse by Catholic clergy over decades in the Ballarat diocese covering the western third of Victoria and Melbourne archdiocese, senior church figures have admitted failings.

There has been a terrible abuse of the trust people gave implicitly to priests

“I certainly have been absolutely horrified by the predatory actions, the depravity and the power play by these pedophile priests over people who should have expected just the opposite: care and love and support,” current Melbourne Archbishop Denis Hart said.

“Instead they have been totally betrayed.”

Archbishop Hart has admitted the church failed to recognise it had pedophiles in its midst.

Not only that, it knew of their existence and failed to act, leading to more children being abused.



Friday, December 11, 2015

a Lurid Tale of Priestly HomoSexual Sex a la Maciel...

This is some of the ugly stuff that unblidled sex sex can do

But remember, Maciel did not pay; he had his preadolescent, adolescent and yound adult seminarians and priests at his disposition. He had an insatiable lust for male flesh...Ambition and Sex, his only two passions..

"A Catholic priest swiped collection-plate donations to pay for drug-fueled sex romps with a heavily muscled S&M “master,” a new lawsuit charges.

Rev. Peter Miqueli in 2003.Photo: The Main Street WIRE

Parishioners claim the Rev. Peter Miqueli has stolen at least $1 million since 2003 while leading churches on Roosevelt Island and in The Bronx, where he is currently pastor of St. Frances de Chantal in Throggs Neck.
Their suit alleges he used the money to act out unholy fantasies as a sexual “slave,” blowing $1,000 at a time on bondage-and-discipline sessions where a “homosexual sex ‘master’ ” — identified in court papers as Keith Crist — “would force Father Miqueli to drink Keith Crist’s urine.”
Miqueli also spent $60,000 in 2012 alone for “illicit and prescription drugs” he used with Crist, bought a $264,000 home in Brick, NJ, and paid $1,075.50 a month for his master’s East Harlem apartment, court papers say.
Plaintiffs’ lawyer Michael G. Dowd also said that Miqueli at one point had Crist living in the rectory at St. Frances de Chantal but that Crist had since been kicked out.
The suit, which was filed in Manhattan Supreme Court on Thursday, also charges that the Archdiocese of New York and Cardinal Timothy Dolan knew about Miqueli’s “illegal scheme” and did nothing to keep it from growing into “the monster it is today.”
“This lawsuit seeks to finally put an end to this truly sinful conduct so that St. Frances de Chantal parish can regain the strength, spirituality and faith it once had before Father Miqueli arrived,” the court papers say.

Modal Trigger
St. Frances de Chantal Roman Catholic Church in the Bronx.Photo: Christopher Sadowski

The suit says that during the summer of 2014, maintenance workers at St. Frances de Chantal saw “several unstacked piles of cash, each approximately one foot high, scattered throughout Father Miqueli’s rectory residence.”
In addition to skimming $20 bills from the collection plate there, Miqueli ripped off money raised to buy a new pipe organ at his former church, St. Frances Xavier Cabrini on Roosevelt Island, according to the suit.
He also put Crist in charge of the Cabrini thrift shop, where Miqueli “misappropriated and diverted money . . . for his own personal use” and destroyed financial records to cover up the theft, the suit says.
An on-and-off girlfriend of Crist’s, Tatyana Gudin, told The Post that the hulking bodybuilder once hurt his knees while having sex with Miqueli in a bathtub.
The suit seeks unspecified damages from Miqueli, Crist, Dolan and the archdiocese on grounds that include negligent supervision, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and unjust enrichment.
Dowd said, “I feel really bad for the parishioners,” and he estimated that Miqueli “had to have taken $1 million from each parish.”

Foursquare photo of Keith CristPhoto: Foursquare

“We’ve done a lot of homework. This is a bad guy,” Dowd said.
He added, “The thing that’s really amazing to me is: How could this guy be acting this way for nine years or so and the archdiocese does nothing?”
A spokesman for the archdiocese said it “has . . . taken these allegations seriously and has been investigating them.”
Crist hung up on a reporter, and Miqueli declined to answer a call through a church receptionist."